TOUR AVAILABLE in june, july & september 2019
First Departure Date : June 09, 2019
- Sivananda Yoga & Meditation Classes.
- Opportunity to explore leh - Ladakh.
- Visitation to monuments, local markets, temples, Monasteries and museums.
- Trekking, cycling & rafting. Camping & camel Safari experience.
- Village visits & home stay experience.
- Mountain wildlife experience.
- Escorted Yoga Tour by Yoga Master.
- Challenging yet amazing experience.
- Peace of mind & Rejuvenation.
Day 01: Leh Arrival at Leh airport and transferred to the Hotel. Complete day for Acclimatize. Later evening visit to Leh Market, Leh Palace and Shanti Stupa. Overnight at the Hotel Leh.
Day 02: Leh Local 104 Kms on cycle Chanting & Meditation
06:30 Am – 07:15 Am Yoga Asana Class 7:30 Am– 08:30 Am After breakfast leave for visit to Shey Palace, Thiksey, Hemis monasteries, Stok Palace Museum & Sindhu Ghat on your cycle. Overnight at the Hotel Leh.
Day 03: Leh - Nubra Valley 120 Kms/ 4-5 Hrs
Chanting & Meditation 06:30 Am – 07:15 Am Yoga Asana Class 7:30 Am– 08:30 Am After Breakfast drive to Nubra Valley via Khardungla (Highest Motorable road in the World, 18,380 ft) post lunch, enjoy the camel safari at Sand Dunes between Deskit & Hundur Village. Overnight at the Hotel Nubra Valley.
Day 04: Nubra Valley – Leh 120 Kms/ 4-5 Hrs
Chanting & Meditation 06:30 Am – 07:15 Am Yoga Asana Class 7:30 Am– 08:30 Am After Breakfast visit Deskit Monastery (Big Buddha), where you can have a magnificent view of Nubra Valley and drive back to Leh by same Route, crossing Khardungla Pass. Overnight at the Hotel Leh.
Day 05: Leh to Zingchen to Rumbak 5 hrs (Trekking)
Chanting & Meditation 06:30 Am – 07:15 Am Yoga Asana Class 7:30 Am– 08:30 Am After having the breakfast drive to Zingchen and start walking through Zingchen Gorge. There is a restaurant where one can stop for tea and snacks. As we continue trekking further, the gorge gets narrower and rugged. On the way one might see snow leopard signs along the valley bottom of the side valleys if you are trekking during winter or early spring/fall. As you approach Rumbak fields the valley suddenly opens up with snowcapped mountains in the background. From the fields the path turns left eastwards for the Rumbak village, where Home stay is available. Overnight at the Home Stay.
Day 06: Wildlife viewing (Trekking)
Chanting & Meditation 06:30 Am – 07:15 Am Yoga Asana Class 7:30 Am– 08:30 Am After the breakfast proceed for full day wildlife viewing along with a trained local guide. Wildlife viewing possibilities are Blue sheep, the Great Tibetan sheep or the Argali, various mountain and migratory birds, high altitude flora and occasionally a Tibetan Wolf or a Snow leopard if luck favors. Ask your Home-stay operator for a local guide or village resource map to show directions for possible options. Overnight at the Home Stay.
Day 07: Rumbak to Stok to Leh 8 hours (Trekking)
Chanting & Meditation 06:30 Am – 07:15 Am After Breakfast make an early start for your trek up the Stok la pass(4900mts) for 3 hours. Follow the path on the extreme left along the south facing hillside. After one hour the path gets slower as you start climbing up to the pass. From the pass you can get great views of the Indus valley. Descend all the way down to the village of Stok. Visit to Stok Palace museum. Drive to Leh. Overnight at the Hotel Leh.
Day 08: Leh - Pangong Lake 140 Kms/ 4-5 Hrs
Chanting & Meditation 06:30 Am – 07:15 Am Yoga Asana Class 7:30 Am– 08:30 Am After Breakfast leave for Pangong Lake 14,500 ft, through Changla Pass 17,350 ft, 3rd Highest Motorable road in the world, Arrival at Camp, Later free time at Leisure and enjoy the color changing lake and the sun set on the banks of lake. Overnight at the Pangong Lake.
Day 09: Pangong Lake – Leh 140 Kms/ 4-5 Hrs
Early morning enjoy the picturesque view of Sun rise on lake. After Breakfast drive back to Leh, en route visit Thikse Monastery and Shey Palace. Overnight at the Hotel Leh.
Day 10: Rafting day
Chanting & Meditation 06:30 Am – 07:15 Am Yoga Asana Class 7:30 Am– 08:30 Am After Breakfast spend the day rafting in the Indus River. Overnight at the Hotel Leh.
Day 11: Leh Early morning transfer to Leh airport to board flight back to destination. Journey Ends.
WHAT TO BRING
Comfortable clothing for yoga, a yoga mat (there will also rent yoga mat), a small towel for yoga, an eye pillow (optional), warm clothes, a bathing suit, a robe, shoes or sandals, comfortable shoes.
Leh - The land of Monks and Monasteries
Leh the erstwhile capital of the kingdom of Ladakh is now a dream destination of many and the Mecca of adventure enthusiasts! Leh, one of the coldest deserts in the world is located at a distance of 434 Kms from Srinagar and 474 Kms from Manali (Himachal Pradesh).
At the time of reorganization of districts in 1979 Ladakh was divided into Leh and Kargil and now Leh district is synonymous with Ladakh and vice-versa!
ladakh Situated in the far north of the sub-continent, over 3500 meters (11,500 feet) up on the high plateau, Ladakh is often referred to as 'little Tibet'. Having been part of British India, it was subsequently absorbed into independent India in 1947. Ladakh's geography protected it from the ravages of the Chinese Cultural Revolution as a result of which it contains one of the most intact Tantric Buddhist societies left on earth.With a high altitude desert dominated by rugged snow capped mountains and deep turquoise lakes it is one of the most picturesque places on earth.
Usage limits exceeded.
some important notes
- Flight arrival in Leh is in early mornings only. As the check in/ out time is 12 noon, once we reach the hotel we might have to wait for a room and can be provided on immediate occupancy basis only subject to availability. Also note that meals in Leh start from lunch on day of arrival
- High altitude travel are adventure activities and the rates do not cover any insurance, risk cover, damages, claims etc.
- It is in the nature of a holiday of this kind (High Altitude Travel or Adventure Tour) to be flexible. The day to day agenda and ultimate goal of the tour is taken as an aim and not as a contractual obligation. We shall not be responsible for the delays or alterations in the program or expenses incurred due to rain, landslides, snow, flood, conflict, internal flight delay or cancellations, strikes, sickness, weather, war, vehicle problems, political closures and disputes. Any alterations in programmes and any extra expenses thus incurred due to any reason beyond our control has to be settled directly if such charges come up to make necessary amendments and arrangements for a safe passage.
- While traveling in Trans Himalayan regions (Ladakh) if due to any unforeseen circumstances like rain, landslides etc, the itinerary may have to be changed at last minute. Incase there are any last minute changes due to operational problems, there are no refunds or compensation associated with it. However, if the costs go up due to changed itinerary the travelers may have to pay supplement costs for changed itinerary and ground arrangements.